Friday 19 September 2014

why I won't dye my hair


MY HAIR ENDS HAS BEEN SO DRY LATELY! This calls for a trim!!! But honestly I am too lazy to go to the salon to get it fixed. Female haircuts are also getting more expensive PFFFFFT

It's a real struggle to find a decent hair salon or a hairstylist for non-risk takers like myself... Deciding on a hair salon is a GREAT PAIN. Should I return to the old place? Try somewhere new? What if they screw up my fringe? Why didn't they display their prices on the outside? OH MY GOD.


I've had the same hairstyle for years now but I don't see anything wrong with it (LOL). The most drastic thing I did to my hair was about 2 years ago when I had my hair dip dyed purple at a "premium" salon. It was nice and all but so friggin' not worth it imooooo!!!


Back when dip-dyeing was all the rage.


After the purple faded, I was momentarily half-blonde from the initial bleaching they did. It left my hair as dry as bone. I had trouble running a comb through the ends. The comb would get stuck firmly between the tangles and basically I gave up combing my hair for a period of time.


Half-blonde Asian me in uni. 
I don't have much photos from that era mainly because I might have been too embarrassed to take any :)


The blonde also washed out my skin tone and left me looking chronically ill. Plus all the split ends I was getting!! Urgh. Then I had to dye the blonde back to black = double whammy damage. Not to mention most hair dyes are carcinogenic. Great.


Second dye, faded + gave up combing hair


A burden off my chest as the hairstylist chopped off all the gross bits.


Looking brand new!


All that being said, its amazing how some people can change their hair colour every 3 months or so. The cost and time spent on maintaining the dyed and damaged hair is just too much effort for me... Undyed is the way to go, guys. Au naturel.

But of course I've fantasized about how my hair would look in a different colour! Even black can get boring too. Like pastel purple. Mermaid-ish blend of blonde, pink, purple, blue and green. Silvery grey. Light brown. Who knows? I might change my mind one day. As y'all know, bad choices make good stories. LOLOL


I didn't expect this post to be this long! I was just gonna rant and stuff but seems like I got carried away :p I stole all these photos from my Instagram :D

No comments:

Post a Comment