Friday 5 June 2015

{review} Aritaum Water Sliding Tint: #2 Rose Valley, #4 Pinky Funky, #15 Cherry Coke

HELLO! I'm back after what seems like a long break off my blog... Truth is, I just have too many photos to deal with. Getting buried under the pile of unedited photos is no fun! But let's just get started on reviewing my new toys :D





 brand
Aritaum
아리따움

 product
Water Sliding Tint
워터 슬라이딩 틴트

shades
#2 Rose Valley
#4 Pinky Funky
#15 Cherry Coke

price
SGD$11.90 each
(from Qoo10)


I've finally got my hands on the new Aritaum Water Sliding Tints! I actually ordered #4, #12 and #15 but I received #2 instead of #12... But that's okay! #2 actually turned out to be my favourite one of the three :O Life gives you surprises sometimes...

They're not a new and improved version of the Honey Melting Tints - read my review on them here. In fact, they are TOTALLY different in terms of texture, finish, lasting power and application. What remains the same is the strong colour payoff and vividness of the colours in both products.



texture

It feels like a watery balm - it is neither thick or oily and doesn't feel heavy on the lips. I can understand why they named it Water Sliding Tint because it just glides onto the lips with absolutely no friction... The formula is HIGHLY moisturising and they are VERY glossy on the lips. It almost looks like a layer of oil on your lips. I don't even need to wear a lip balm prior to application.

Water Sliding Tints have more of a sheer colour whereas the Honey Melting Tints are more opaque and creamier in texture. It is not sticky at all unlike the Honey Melting Tints which can be a little tacky. Both tints have a fruity scent and taste!



application


One thing I really hate is the application!! The lip tint bullet is not retractable so you gotta be careful when you twist it! It is recommended to only expose 1mm of the tint for application as the formula is very soft and melts upon body temperature. Be careful if you bring this out on a hot, sunny day as the tint will become even softer and MELT.

It's difficult to get it on your lips as well because it's basically just a flat surface. I usually use my fingers to spread the colour on my lips, otherwise the colour will look uneven and blotchy!

The tints have a poor longevity and leaves a subtle tint behind even for the darker shades. Because of its super glossy nature, the colour doesn't stay in one place on your lips! It slips and slides off your lips and transfers easily - probably not a good idea to wear a dark red glossy shade that could potentially make you look like the Joker :(



swatches

#2 Rose Valley, #4 Pinky Funky, #15 Cherry Coke

From here you can see that they are very glossy and shiny! The colours are very vivid as well.
One swipe is all you need.



#2 Rose Valley
A warm, coral-pink shade.

My favourite! It just makes you look fresh and lively :)



#4 Pinky Funky

A yellow-toned light pink shade.

I don't wear this colour often because I think I have nicer pink lip colours :p
Overall this was quite a disappointment as it was promoted as one of the star colours of the range.



#15 Cherry Coke

A deep wine red.

I think this colour works best for a gradient lip than a full lip colour!
#4 Pinky Funky and this would work well together for a gradient look! :D



- comfortable to wear
- superb colour payoff
- huge range of shades
- highly moisturising!


- doesn't last long
- colour transfers very easily
- difficult to apply

1 comment: