Saturday 22 November 2014

{review} Etude House Dear My Wish Lips Talk RD302

Frankly I do own A LOT of Etude House products, the bulk of it lip tints. My favourite is their Precious Mineral Any Cushion in W13 that I use on a daily basis! I love their Colour Pop Tints as well!

Unfortunately, the last time I bought one of Etude House's lipsticks (from the Look At My Lips series) I wasn't too impressed because it was really drying on my lips. So... Second chance! Here we go! :> 


Say hello 
to Etude House's latest 'Dear My' release: 
Dear My Wish Lips Talk! 


I got one in RD302, the darkest shade in the collection.
Are you ready for dark red vampire lips? 

MUAHAHAHA.






brand
Etude House

 product
Dear My Wish Lips Talk Lipstick

shade
RD302

price
SGD$9.80
(from Qoo10)




packaging


Trademark pink and princessy packaging - not my style but no problemo!
Although the casing is made of plastic, it feels very solid and doesn't look 'cheap' at all.





Lipstick looks almost black in the tube. But fret not...




quick swatch! 


Colour is true to picture. Somehow it looks redder on the lips.




colour

First thing you'll notice is that the colour doesn't look as dark as in the tube. I kinda wish it was as dark though... Ha! It's pigmented and the colour is really vivid! Depending if you apply it with a heavy/light hand, you can get many colour variations with RD302

The colour of RD302 is really... Blood-like. It is a deep red with brown tones but it doesn't look scary when you put it on. Kinda like a brick red colour? Yea.

Check out the next few swatches! 




light





gradation





full





texture

The texture of the Dear My Wish Lips Talk lipstick is actually very similar to the Innisfree Color Glow Lipstick. They both have this melting texture when applied directly onto the lips. It glides on easily and doesn't feel sticky. TIP: Do not bring this out on hot sunny days! It becomes super soft and difficult to use!

It is quite moisturising and gives a healthy shine to the lips! After a few hours, it might get a little drying so I recommend putting some lip balm prior to application.





A comparison between some dark reds I own :)

Innisfree Color Glow Lipstick #5: Cherry red with pink tones.




- great formula!
- cheap
- awesome colour payoff
- flattering shade
- buildable colour



- not very long lasting
- drying! wear lip balm!

No comments:

Post a Comment