Monday 26 January 2015

{review} Holika Holika Heartful Glossy Lipstick PK123 Pink Bonbon



brand
Holika Holika

product name
Heartful Glossy Lipstick

shade
PK123 Pink Bonbon

price
-
Gift from my sister :)



This lipstick was from my Tokyo beauty haul post! Click here to read it.

I actually wrote this review in early December but never got the chance to post it. Why? I shot all the photos except the lip swatches (I always do them last) then shortly after, my camera lens died and I couldn't do it. So these photos were shot before the demise of my lens. I'll just post it anyway! Can't let my hard work go to waste!




packaging


The packaging feels and looks really cheap, to be honest.
The cover is made out of like... Tin? Super light material.

It almost feels like it will produce a screeching sound when I pull/cap it back.
Can you imagine that? OMG.




special point!


Isn't it cute?!
The heart-shaped lipstick is supposed to facilitate easier application!
I do find that the shape really helps get to the corners of the lips and around the cupid's bow.

Useful design! :D Not just for aesthetics!




quick swatch!


Colour is true to picture.




colour

A sheer candy pink colour that's suitable for everyday wear. It doesn't contain any shimmer and it makes your lips look naturally pink and healthy. It's not really glossy as it claims! Just a subtle sheen. Nothing special, really. Hmm.




texture

It has a balm-like texture and doesn't feel heavy on the lips. It glides on smoothly and is really easy to apply! It isn't very long lasting as I have to reapply rather frequently as compared to other lipsticks but at least it feels quite moisturising and didn't dry my lips out. Update: Just went to do some research and found that it contains sweet orange oil, grapefruit oil and olive oil! 

Glossy lipstick? More like a tinted balm! I guess the cute shape is the only redeeming factor... 





- cute and functional heart-shaped design!
- glides smoothly on lips
- great for everyday wear
- moisturising



- not long lasting
- not as glossy as expected
- nothing to rave about



Overall, I think this shade of Heartful Glossy Lipstick is great for natural make up! It'll be good as a base colour for gradient lips as well. I'd probably be happier with another shade though, maybe a hot pink would be great for a pop of colour! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment