Thursday 11 December 2014

{review} Skin Food Rose Essence Soft Cream Blusher #2 Milky Rose and #5 Cool Rose

This is my first review venturing out of lip products and I'm really excited! :D This time I'll be showing you my brand new cheek colours from Skin Food's Milky Rose Spring 2014 collection. 

Spring... Kinda outdated as it's already winter (in most parts of the world) but well... It's summer AND spring all year in Singapore!





brand
Skin Food

 product
Rose Essence Soft Cream Blusher

shade
#2 Milky Rose
#5 Cool Rose

price
SGD$10.90
(from Qoo10)




After much research I found out that #4 Orange Rose is a bestseller shade in Korea but unfortunately I don't fancy coral shades so pinks it is! I was actually torn between getting #2 Milky Rose or #5 Cool/Aqua Rose so I ended up getting... Wait for it... 

BOTH. 

The name for #5 Cool/Aqua Rose is kind of a mystery because on some websites they label it as Cool Rose 쿨 로즈 and others label it as Aqua Rose 아쿠아 로즈 (refer to above pic). On the sticker of the one I own says Cool Rose (from my basic knowledge of hangeul). So... #5 Cool Rose/Aqua Rose it is.




packaging

It looks like a mini pressed powder pact. About 5.5cm in diameter. Comes with a mirror! 




#2 Milky Rose
2호 밀키 로즈





#5 Cool Rose
5호 쿨 로즈



Comparison between Milky Rose and Cool Rose.




texture

A cream blusher that melts on the touch of your skin! It has a soft, creamy texture that blends easily but doesn't feel oily or too drying on the skin. It has a cream-to-powder finish, giving you that velvety feel and a 'moist' glow that powder blushers seem to lack. It gives off a healthy glow when I wear it! 

PLUS, it has this subtle, delicious rose scent that I adore! It makes the entire product much more sophisticated and attractive. LOL




swatches







colour

Don't look down on these pastel pinks! A little dot on the cheeks goes a long way as they are pigmented, especially #5 Cool Rose. The colours are soft and look really natural as they do not contain any shimmer!

#2 Milky Rose is a yellow-toned/warm pink. I use this when I want a natural look as it is a light baby pink that suits most of my face make up! If you have medium to dark skin you might want to skip this shade as it may look too white or chalky on the face.

#5 Cool/Aqua Rose is a blue-toned/cool pink. I would describe this as a Barbie pink? A cute and girly bright pink! I feel that it brightens up my complexion when I wear it. I use this when I want an obvious pink flush on my cheeks.




application

Typically you'd use your fingers to dab it onto your cheeks and blend it out. Otherwise you could use a stippling brush to apply the blush.

Brushes are more hygienic and they can pick up the product more evenly than your fingers, plus it makes blending much easier! I personally do not own a stippling brush, so my fingers are my tools! :) Just make sure your fingers are clean and you should be fine.




- rose scent!
- matte finish
- natural, soft colours
- buildable colour
- blends easily



- can be unhygienic to apply with fingers
- not long lasting


These are my go-to blushers now cos' its easy to apply and position where I want the colour to show on my cheeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment