Thursday 12 March 2015

{review} PONY X MEMEBOX Shine Easy Glam 1 Eyeshadow Palette

Apologies for the overdue review! But as they all say... Better late than never!

I will be reviewing the very popular PONY x MEMEBOX Shine Easy Glam eyeshadow palette today! Special thanks to my secret Santa for getting me this! Nothing beats the feeling of receiving something off your wishlist! :D 

Major love for this awesome palette. I think I used it almost every day since I opened it...



product
PONY x MEMEBOX
Shine Easy Glam Eyeshadow Palette
Season 1

price
USD$22
(excluding shipping)


I don't own many eyeshadow palettes - before this I only had like 3 eyeshadow quads and some single eyeshadow pots in my possession so I was super excited to try this out! 



packaging


Loving the hot pink accents on the box! The palette case is made of plastic and it feels sleek - nothing impressive on the outside, just a simple and clean design. I love the giant mirror inside! Sadly, the matte plastic casing makes any fingerprints on it reaaaally obvious. 



product


The Shine Easy Glam eye shadow palette contains eight gorgeous and earthy shades that are versatile for both day and night looks. It has a good mix of soft mattes, shimmer and glitter that you can combine and match to create a myriad of different looks! From a natural look to night time glamour, no problemo!

The palette comes with two applicators - one broad and one narrow sponge tip with hot pink brush at the ends. The sponge tips are okay, but the brushes are kinda rough, but not the worse I've encountered.



The palette is divided into two sides; the mattes on the left and the shiny ones on the right. 1.8g of product is packed into each eye shadow well, which is quite a good amount! Great value for money!! 

Pigmentation wise, it's really good for a palette of its price. All pretty opaque, especially for the darker colours, a little goes a long way. These eye shadows are smooth and soft, blend easily with minimal fall out (even the glittery ones!), decent lasting power without a primer - overall I'm really, really pleased with it!


MATTE // Clockwise: Easy Base, Easy Shadow, Easy Brown, Easy Charcoal

The Easy-s. These matte, neutral colours contain a very subtle hint of shimmer which makes all the difference on your eyelids! I use Easy Shadow and Easy Brown all the time on my lids as a base and to create a natural contour of the crease :)

Great for light shading and contouring of the nose bridge as well. The darkest shade can be used for filling up the eyebrows. 


SHINE // Clockwise: Shine Rosegold, Shine Gold, Glam Cocoa, Glam Espresso

Next, the Shine and Glam shades. These are more on the warm-toned side but so beautiful nevertheless. My favourites are Shine Rosegold - a shimmery peachy pink and Shine Gold - a shimmery toasty orangey brown!

I find that the lighter shimmery shades have a shorter longevity on the eyelids than the darker ones. Especially Shine Rosegold, which I normally wear on my lower lashline (or aegyosal, if you will), disappears within a few hours of wear.



swatches


Here are the official swatches from MEMEBOX.

I won't be doing swatches on my eyelids as I don't think I'll be able to do a good job! Probably just swatches on the length of my arm? What do you think? I'll update the post if I ever do so! :)



- good pigmentation
- good quality eye shadows
- flattering shades
- minimal fallout
- value for money
- big mirror


- brush applicator
- shipping fee
- shorter wear time for certain shades


I love this palette because all the shades are all spot on. So gorgeous and flattering! There isn't a shade that I wouldn't use. Pony knows her eye shadows fo' sure!

I figured that the Shine Easy Glam eye shadow palette would be great for travelling as it isn't that bulky (slightly longer than my Samsung S3) and it has all the shades you need (for brows and contouring too)! The only downside is that you would need to bring your own brushes for better application.

Hope this review was useful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment