Monday 20 April 2015

Okinawa beauty haul! {first impressions + short review}

Greetings! It's been a long, long time since I blogged but I have LOTS of things to share but I don't know where to begin. So let's start with something familiar first.

It's another beauty haul from Japan again! Very excited to share what I've got this time round from a 15 minute grab-and-go session at a Okinawan drugstore! Was kinda overwhelmed by the myriad of brands they carried in-store but it was an amazing feeling LOL. Wish I bought more but I was shopping in a FRANTIC AND PANICKY mode because we were on a very tight schedule (damn you tour bus!). Decisions. Regrets. Cries.



What's in my 100 yen fabric basket? ALL THINGS JAPANESE. I think some of them can't be found in Singapore... And that makes me very happy! The excitement of seeing, buying and trying something newww! Just a disclaimer, I can't read any Japanese other than very basic food items and greetings so these were all picked out by inferring from its packaging... 



pdc
twinkle bijou
{pore-eraser/primer}

From what I can tell from its packaging, its a translucent primer that fills up pesky pores. It has SPF 18 and has some sort of moisturising properties as it contains hyaluronic acid (ヒアルロン酸). Use a rice grain-sized amount and apply it before foundation or BB cream!

I've tried it out this morning (hardworking me, of course), and the consistency is heavier than what I expected. Like a thick gel texture - even thicker than Maybelline's Baby Skin Pore Eraser. Despite its texture it was easy to apply and it transformed into a velvety finish on my skin. I use this around my nose area where the pores are larger and more obvious than the rest of my face.

I think I will continue using it and see if I like it! Since I can't read any Japanese, I sure hope this product is non-comedogenic... Have you tried this product before? :)



Freshel
Mineral BB Cream UV
{BB cream with SPF 41 PA++}

Next up is the Freshel Mineral BB Cream - UV Whitening version this time! I own the one in pore cover as well (metallic pink tube) and I love it so much I had to get another version! Unfortunately the pore control one was a little darker than my skin tone (it was a gift) so I was careful in picking out the correct shade this time round.

The Freshel Mineral BB Cream comes in just 2 shades - Natural Beige and Medium Beige. I picked out the Natural Beige one as it was lighter than the Medium Beige. This BB cream is meant to be an all-in-one product, meaning that it can serve as your essence, emulsion, moisturiser, sunscreen and make up base! Just put this on after applying your facial toner and you're ready to go! Very handy for people in a hurry!!

The texture is very creamy and it gives a light to medium coverage. I tend to use this when I'm rushing out as it is easy to slap on and it gives a semi-matte finish. It is quite moisturising and it keeps my skin soft throughout the day - contains hyaluronic acid as well. However, its oil-controlling properties ain't that great as my nose starts looking shiny after 2-3 hours. Other than that, ITS A MUST BUY! I WANT MOREEEE!



Canmake
Mat Fleur Cheeks #02
{blusher}

How can anyone go to Japan without buying any Canmake stuff?! I wish I bought more cos' its so overpriced in Singapore.

Look at the pretty imprints on the blusher! :D You're supposed to swirl your brush through all the colours to get the final colour. I haven't opened it yet but I'm guessing its a baby pink blusher with no pearl/glitter as its a matte version. They have another version of the same blusher with glitter as well. 



Heroine Make
Long and Curl Mascara
{mascara}

This mascara. THIS. I love it so much. Holy grail status! Initially bought this because of the flashy "No. 1" sticker just to find out if it really deserved its place... I think it beats my favourite Maybelline Lashionista mascara hands down. 

Super waterproof, doesn't budge, smudge, clump or flake. It holds curls exceptionally well throughout the day despite the ultra humid and hot weather we have these days. It instantly makes your eyes wider and awake as the formula is very dark. A single coat is sufficient for your eyelashes to gain extra brownie points. A MUST BUY!!

You can find this in Singapore at Watsons, John Little and Sasa.



Creer Beaute
Miracle Romance Star Power Prism Lameliner in Orange-gold + Liquidliner Brown combo pack
Miracle Romance Star Power Prism Lameliner in Red
{regular and glitter liquid eyeliner pens}

What a mouthful to say... Not if you're SailorMoon! They created these cuties to commemorate the 20th anniversary of SailorMoon. Honestly I bought these because they were a novelty and the packaging was very cough*nice*cough.

The glittery ones (lameliners, haha) have a gel-like texture. It seems more like a blendable eyeshadow in liquid form as it isn't opaque enough to be an eyeliner. The brown eyeliner is just a regular liquid eyeliner pen. You'll be devastated to know that they are not waterproof and are easily rubbed away with a wet tissue.

I do have swatches for these eyeliners so stay tuned for the next post if you're interested! :)


***

I highly recommend the Freshel Mineral BB Cream and the Heroine Make mascara! These two things will be in my repurchase list for a long time, I foresee.

That's all for now! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment